Thursday, March 3, 2011

My most hated/loved work yet


This was a real pain in the ass to do, I won't lie. Used water colour, acrylic, coloured pencil, fine liner, ink and permanent marker. The watercolour was a bitch to use, because you do need to wait for it to dry to go over certain parts, also the paper can get really shitty if you don't use the right stuff, which in this case, I did not. Kicking myself for that. Once the piece was finished I had to place it on card for better presentation, however again, the shitty paper choice let me down. Bubbles in the paper were unavoidable so it's a bit wrinkly and just so unpleasant and not perfect. I'm a tad anal about it. In terms of media choice, love watercolour, ink is eh..so much effort and I'm nowhere near confidant enough to use it for a whole drawing. The scale A3 however the whole page wasn't used so it was cut down to size.


As for the inspiration behind this piece, the quote used actually comes from an Adele song, featured above, (ignore the Spanish subtitles) I like the quote purely because to me in portrays the message that by setting fire to the rain you are in fact ridding of your problems. I like to think I have the ability to disregard my worries and live happily. I chose two figures, (male + female) to portray this, The male saying the quote, as a way of saying just let go, and let this moment in the present be.

No comments:

Post a Comment