Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The mind.

A lot of people tend to look at my work and think, 'LSD' and I tend to agree. Aha, but no in all seriousness I am not under the influence of any substances whilst drawing. However, I met a man out on one of my very late night adventures, who had taken many, many, many..things. Speaking to him was actually insightful at some parts. He used the very line 'The mind exaggerates everything' and of course for him at that stage it would have been. But I thought, with or without substances, the mind really does exaggerate everything. Think about scenarios and everyday decisions and actions made, our thought process seems to be wacky and can throw us off. We tend to over think, and make problems bigger by our thoughts. So yes, a drugged up man from New Zealand was my inspiration for this piece.

Media used was coloured pencil, acrylic paint, fine liner and marker. Starting to enjoy using colour! However I enjoy having the overall figure in fine liner and black and white, just because it's so clean and easy. Not too happy with the letter form colour, was hoping that blue would turn out brighter..damn miss leading wet paint. Overall happy with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment