Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Imagination is everything


Working with watercolor and acrylic sure was different to just using fine-liner or pen. It was a lot more time consuming and took a bit of patience..especially since I'm no painter, this was a risk. Overall I was happy with the result, I'm definitely not 100% confident with this media yet however, but I think I'm on my way. The hardest thing about this drawing was definitely the letter form..it was time consuming and could not have any mistakes! I achieved the letter form by drawing it out in pencil, then taking a steel ruler and drawing lines, moving the ruler the tiniest bit each time.


Inspiration for this piece came from a quote by Albert Einstein - "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." I'm a strong believer that our thoughts manifest things into our lives, so seeing this I felt the need to bring pen to paper.
The illustration was done on white watercolour paper, then stuck onto brown recycled paper that was then placed on card, to make the piece a lot more solid than flimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment