Monday, February 21, 2011

We are the result of Love.



In this piece I decided to play with a little bit of colour, using pencil. Ultimately doing the letter form and illustration in .4 and .6 fine liner. The scale of this piece is on an A3 square off-set blue card.. Although hard to believe..This actually only took a bit over an hour to complete. I think I was in prime drawing mode, plus I really wanted to start something new.

Inspiration from this drawing actually came from a video I stumbled upon by accident. There are a series of videos created for the single or dating man. It's just everyday men, sharing their advice on love. The video that prompted this drawing I believe has a nice solid message, which I why I used the quote he expresses is an important outlook to have. Ultimately it's saying in order to achieve love, one must believe in love. Here's the source of my inspiration here:


In relation to the work, you can see I'm quiet reluctant to use colour. Which is why I use to little. I'm hoping to change this in some of my more recent pieces, and use different media like paint and watercolour. I'm also beginning to keep the scale of my works larger than I usually would.

No comments:

Post a Comment